עברית Rusia

Shopping Cart

Your shopping cart is empty.
facebook

Ministry of Health Recommendations For Calcium Intake

Ministry of Health Recommendations For Calcium Intake

The Israeli Ministry of Health published recommendations for calcium intake in order to prevent calcium deficiency-related diseases and osteoporosis. These recommendations are based on U.S. recommended dietary allowance guidelines.

Our body is constantly using calcium to maintain healthy and strong bones, as well as for the proper functioning of various crucial systems, such as muscle function, blood clotting, heartbeat, neuronal transmission and more.

Of all the calcium in the body, 99% is found in our bones, while the remaining 1% is found in the blood and soft tissues. Our bones undergo continuous remodeling, with constant bone loss and deposition of calcium into new bone. The balance between bone loss and calcium deposition changes with age. Bone formation exceeds bone loss during childhood and adolescence, whereas in early and middle adulthood both processes are relatively equal. In older adults, around the age of 40-50, bone loss exceeds formation, resulting in bone loss that increases the risk of osteoporosis over time. Therefore, building strong bones during childhood is of great importance.

When calcium intake is low and we do not reach the recommended daily allowance, our body balances the calcium in the blood by breaking this mineral from the bone. Chronic calcium deficiency may lead to low bone mass that might escalate to osteoporosis and increase the risk of fractures. It is therefore important to consume adequate amounts of calcium as recommended.

The recommended daily calcium intake (mg) per age group is listed in the table below:

 

Age

Woman

Men

Pregnant & Lactating

0-6 months

200

200

 

6-12 months

260

260

 

1-3 years

700

700

 

4-8 years

1,000

1,000

 

9-13 years

1,300

1,300

 

14-18 years

1,300

1,300

1,300

19–50 years

1,000

1,000

1,000

51-70 years

1,200

1,000

 

71 + years

1,200

1,200

 

REBUILD YOUR FUTURE

If your daily diet does not provide the amount of calcium recommended by the Ministry of Health, bone loss processes may begin earlier in life. For the prevention of bone mass deterioration, it is recommended to add DENSITYTM - the new generation of calcium supplement with the doubled absorption, to your daily diet.

Our Customer Service center will be happy to provide you with additional professional information.

Please contact us by filling out the “Contact Us” form.

To purchase DENSITY, the new generation of calcium, click here

 

 

Jump to page content

Content on this site is not considered advice, a recommendation or medical opinion and does not replace consultation with a doctor

Amorphical: Harash St. 11, Nes-Ziona, Israel

Office: 08-6995333

Информация, содержащаяся на этом сайте не является  советом, рекомендацией или  медицинским  мнением и не заменяет консультацию с врачом
Аморфикаль: Harash St. 11, Nes-Ziona, Israel
Офис: 08-6995333